Monday, May 17, 2010

Back to the Future

After last week's presentation on the History of Instructional Technology (I was super pumped at our performance; great work Judi, Josh, and Rita!), I have been unable to stop thinking about the future of education! Where is all of this new technology going to take us? Where will we be in 5 years? Where will be next year?

Perhaps the most amazing thing about all of this technology is how fast it has been moving over the past 10-15 years. After doing my research, I realized that the "explosion" of the internet has really been a major contributor to all of these recent developments. The internet, I now realize, is allowing people to get their ideas, theories, and tools out to the masses quicker than ever before. There has never been a time when ideas, good ideas could spread so quickly and I am excited to be apart of it!

One last parting note, recently become re-obsessed with TED Talks. The people who do these talks are the most inspiring and brilliant people from around the world, and if you have not heard any yet, I highly suggest checking out some talks. One small question I have for the people that run TED: why is the education section not a main section on the homepage!?! All of my favorite talks are the ones that have to do with education, and I always find it odd that they are not the most advertised talks of all! This is probably just my prejudice towards education, resulting from the fact that I am an educator. Either way, check it out!

Thatta bout does it. Over-and-Out.

Go Phils!

1 comment:

  1. When ever you google ted you get ken robinson talk first (education). Thanks for the website help!

    ReplyDelete